Friday, June 28, 2013

I've died and gone to heaven and It's hotter than hell!

Hot pavement that's hotter than...heck.
I can only use the word once or guilt cuts in.

Haha! I pretty much created this post just because of this awesome title. I thought of it while I was waiting at the bus stop in 102° weather. I did a quick google search and no one else seems to have coined this title, so I officially invented it. The same way me and my little sister, Kirsten, invented the "boo-who" knock, knock joke.

The main reason why I like this title is because I use the word "hell" in a semi-offensive, yet not offensive way...it makes me feel kinda bad...which is a throwback to my traumatic middle school days where I was taught that bad is cool and good is boring...Coolness 101. Well, I failed that class because, turns out, I'm a pretty good, sincere person who likes to follow rules and bend to authority. My outlet is passive aggressive behavior...and episodes of using the word "hell" in random blog titles.

So, am I the only one who LOVES this weather? I feel like I'm wrapped up in a warm blanket of happiness. It's amazing. Well, it did get a little old back in '09 on day 100 of over 100° knocking doors in Pleasanton, TX. Right Kleisler? Oh wait. Only two people are reading this blog and Kleisler's not one of them.

This weather is just awesome and my heaven is going to have a day just like this every week on "Poolday", which will proceed "Flowerday", followed by "Sunday." Does punctuation go inside the """'s" or outside the """'s"? AP style?

5 comments:

  1. Well I don't agree with your love of this crazy hot weather I do agree with your awesome writing. I just read every post and I love all of them! I can't wait to meet your little guy and read about him on this awesome blog! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, your baby is ridiculously cute. I saw some more facebook photos of him today and, holy cow, he is cute. I'm so excited to have my own little dude!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this weather! Especially because I have air conditioning inside, but can still go outside any time I please. Hot weather is the best!! And, punctuation goes inside quotation marks. :) And I know you asked that just to see if I'm reading your posts. Well, here's proof that I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a test, and you passed. Congratulations! Your prize is to give me 5 bucks OR be my indentured servant - I'll pay you in choclate chips. Your choice.

      Delete
  3. Alyse, we really are kindred spirits. I also failed Coolness 101 for the same reasons. . . and like to use the occasional "hell" just to show that I am still interesting. . . and then feel guilty afterward. ;) Anyway, you are quite an engaging writer and I look forward to reading more of your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete