Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Same Girl

"Feeling a little philosophical" 


Everyone grew up, but I stayed the same. They all say they walked through the door into the land of the grown, but I don't know what door they're talking about. They talk of their past as if it belongs to another. They talk of their past as if they're now living somewhere new. They say they left their childhood, but they're all still here.

Don't get me wrong. I beat eggs like a mom now, I've settled nicely into life with my lover, and the circles under my eyes grow darker each day. But it doesn't feel right to say, "when I was a little girl..." because

I'm still the same girl.













Yeah, that's Karl Malone










3 comments:

  1. Somehow I don't know what to say about this other than I felt something deeply towards it. It's simple. Yet it hit me.

    Also, where's that last photo from? So light and pretty! I love that half of these were taken from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the last on in my front room with a tripod. Haha

      Delete
  2. Yes Anna Harrison I recognize some of your photos.👌🏻 I agree with the simplicity of your thought because we never really leave our little girl or little boy behind and it's never in the past because all of it it's makes up really who we are now and who we continue to become.

    ReplyDelete